This is just a brief overview of some of the features of the dynamic edition of Clinical Advances in Periodontics. You can also watch a video tutorial of CAP’s features. Experiment and have fun with this ground-breaking, interactive journal brought to you by your Academy!
A link to the dynamic edition of CAP will be e-mailed to all Journal of Periodontology subscribers and is available at clinicalperio.org.
At any time, you can bypass the dynamic experience and download CAP as a PDF using one of two options:
- To download a PDF of the entire issue, click on the arrow on the right side menu in the dynamic edition. This is a very large file and may take a while to download, depending on your connection speed.
- To download PDFs of individual articles, visit clinicalperio.org, log in using your JOP username and password, click on the CAP cover icon at the top of the page, and click “PDF” under the title of the article you want to save to your computer.
Your experience with the dynamic edition depends on:
- Speed and memory of your computer
- Speed of your internet connection
- Number of open internet browser windows
- Other demands on your internet connection (e.g., active downloads)
The dynamic edition interface requires that the latest version of Adobe Flash be installed on your computer. You can download Flash for free at the Adobe website.
Mobile Devices: Currently, there is limited functionality when viewing on mobile devices such as Blackberry; iPhone; iPad; Android; and Windows.
- Menu bars: Move your cursor over any of the options on the menu bars to reveal an explanatory note.
- Turn pages: Use the Flip Page icon in the right corner of the publication or the arrows on the top menu bar.
- Enlarge text/images: Double-clicking any page will zoom to that location. Click the yellow slider bar to change the amount of magnification.
- Print: Click the printer icon on the right side menu. Select any number of pages and click the print button.
- Supplemental material: Access videos, additional images, e-mail addresses, and abstracts in the reference list by clicking on text that becomes highlighted when you move your cursor.
- Share: To forward the entire publication or specific articles to a colleague, click Share on the top menu bar. Choose to share via e-mail or a social networking site.
- Notes: Click the notes icon on the right side menu to annotate articles. Click the plus sign in the pop-up window. Click somewhere on the page to attach note. Click the sticky note image and begin typing. Minimize (minus sign) to save your note. Notes are saved on the computer you are currently using and are not forwarded if you share the publication.
- Flags: Click the flag icon on the right side menu. Enter a description in the box and click “add.” The flag will appear at the bottom of the page. Flags are saved on the computer you are currently using and are not forwarded if you share the publication.
- Translate: Click the article title on the title page and select a language from the drop-down menu in the right-hand corner. Translations are provided by Google Translate Tool.