2015 Examination schedule and application
|January 23, 2015||
Deadline for residents/students to submit exam application and fees.
Deadline for program directors or designess to submit Program Information Form
|March 2-13, 2015||Examination administered by programs. Check with your postdoctoral program director to determine the exact day and time that the exam will be administered at your institution.|
The In-Service Examination is an AAP member benefit with non-member premium pricing.
AAP Student Member rate: $120
Non-member rate: $230:
Residents/Students who are non-members and wish to become members must complete the membership application and pay dues before submitting the In-Service Exam application. We suggest they become Student Members by January 1, 2015, so their membership can be processed prior to their examination application.
In-Service Examination Refund Policy
To receive a full or partial refund, the Academy must receive a letter from the student’s postdoctoral director on school letterhead verifying that the student is unable to take the In-Service Exam by the dates listed below.
January 31, 2015: Last day to receive full refund.
February 6, 2015: Last day to receive a 50% refund.
After February 6, 2015: No refunds will be provided.
For More Information
If you have questions about the In-Service Examination, contact Tameisha Williams at Tameisha@perio.org or 800-282-4867, ext. 3230.
Studying for the Examination
The Academy provides multiple study resources. Recommended study materials include current literature, past In-Service Examinations and other documents listed below. The symbol indicates a member only resource.
- 2013 & 2014 In Service Exam questions and answers
- AAP Position Papers
- Periodontal Literature Reviews: The Next Generation (ePLR) and 1996 Periodontal Literature Review
- 2015 In-Service Exam’s Most Frequently Used References and Format for Drug References and Acronyms will be available February 9th
- Journal of Periodontology Annals of Periodontology(Vols. 4-8 Online) and Clinical Advances in Periodontics
- AAP Annual Meeting seminar recordings and videos: Free access through the generous grants from platinum sponsor Geistlich Biomaterials and gold sponsor Philips Sonicare. Ask your program director for access.