Periodontal Resident Recruitment Guidelines and Timeline
The Periodontal Resident Recruitment Guidelines are intended to streamline the recruitment process for both the program director and the applicant.
The names of institutions agreeing to work cooperatively with each other by signing the Statement of Intent and abiding by the Periodontal Resident Recruitment Timeline are listed below.
The AAP Education Committee will review all complaints of programs which may be violating the Recruitment Guidelines. Programs found in violation of the Recruitment Guidelines will be removed from the Cooperative Institutions List below.
Below is the Periodontal Resident Recruitment timeline for students beginning their periodontics residency program starting July, 2015:
- Programs can offer a position to a student no earlier than the Friday before Labor Day. For the 2014 recruitment cycle, the date is Friday, August 29, 2014.
- Students have until the Tuesday after Labor Day to accept or decline the offer. For the 2014 recruitment cycle, the date is Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
Recruitment Guidelines Cooperative Institutions
Each institution's name is linked to a profile of its postdoctoral program.
- Case Western Reserve University
- Georgia Regents University
- Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Louisiana State University
- Lutheran Medical Center
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Nova Southeastern University
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
- Saint Louis University Health Science Center
- SUNY at Buffalo
- Temple University
- Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Tufts University
- University of Alabama
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Colorado
- University of Connecticut
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of Florida
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry
- University of Kentucky
- University of Maryland
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri Kansas City
- University of Nebraska
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Tennessee
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Washington
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center New York
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center West LA
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Note: Several U.S. programs chose not to sign the Recruitment Guidelines agreement due to various reasons. The Recruitment Guidelines apply to U.S.-based, non-military programs.