2018 Straumann Annual Meeting Scholarship
The Annual Meeting serves as the AAP’s premier live-learning event and provides the opportunity for attendees to network with fellow periodontal specialists and attend world-class educational sessions. In 2018, the AAP, through the generous support of Straumann, will award 18 scholarships to new U.S. and Canadian periodontists who have graduated within the last two years to attend the Annual Meeting.
Award: Each scholarship includes $500 and admission to the Pearls and Pitfalls session, an interactive and exciting course exclusive to Student members and new periodontists. In addition, all recipients will be mentioned in the fourth quarter issue of Periospectives.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited U.S. or Canadian periodontal residency program in 2016 or 2017 and have maintained continuous membership in the AAP since graduation.
- Applicants must submit a completed application, abbreviated CV (no more than three pages), and a letter of recommendation from a former program director or mentor.
- Funding is limited. All decisions regarding an applicant’s approval or denial are made at the discretion of the Task Force on New Periodontists and are considered final.
- Scholarship applications are due by June 15, 2018.
- Scholarships must be used for the 2018 Annual Meeting and may not be deferred to a different year.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Demonstrate how attending the Annual Meeting will enhance his/her professional career as a periodontist
- Decribe which sessions/topics will be of interest to you as a periodontist new to practice
- Provide any current involvement in periodontal activities (or plans for future involvement)
- Agree to be featured in Periospectives, or other AAP news including social media, detailing his/her experience as a scholarship recipient.
Submit your application online by June 15, 2018. Scholarship recipients will be determined by the AAP’s Task Force on New Periodontists. Recipients will be notified by letter in mid- July. Please contact Meghan Farrell, manager, membership strategy and engagement, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AAP thanks Straumann for providing this unique opportunity by sponsoring this year’s scholarships.