Overview of AAP Connect
AAP Connect is the AAP members-only community.
Key Features - Profile, networks allow you to connect with other members, communities, and library features; directory helps you locate members; calendar shows the meetings for AAP and periodontal societies; Glossary of Periodontal Terms is our Academy glossary provided in a wiki format.
- Contact info is pulled from the AAP membership database
- You can upload a photo, add a bio or professional associations, and identify areas of professional interest
- You can create contacts, access your communities, and locate other members through networks, e.g., see other members who graduated from your perio training program
- Open Forum is the all-member community and virtual place to have discussion with other AAP members from all over the world. Open Forum is where you can post a patient case, make a comment on another member's posting, share an article, or pose a general question to the membership. Any documents you share will be automatically archived in teh Open Forum library, making it easy to locate for later reference.
- State Community – allows AAP members within a state to communicate and share resources. You can post discussion items or resources that will be available to all members in your state.
- AAP Committees and Task Forces will have communities to support communication and work.
- Access other members’ profiles, add them as a contact, send them a message
- Locate information on conferences and meetings.
- Members and regional or state periodontal society staff can post information about meetings those organizations are hosting
- The Task Force to Update the Glossary worked with volunteer postdoctoral periodontal programs to update the Glossary of Periodontal Terms.
- Please participate in the updating and ongoing maintenance of the Glossary process by posting comments or links to resources relevant to terms
- The AAP In-service Examination Committee will monitor comments and address terms that require attention, and update the Glossary
- Community libraries – repository of resources posted to a state community
- Member resources – topical libraries house members-only resources which can be downloaded
- Open Forum library – repository or clinical cases posted by members