The Academy offers the in-service examination to periodontal programs across North America, so that programs directors and students can evaluate their overall learning acquisition and content-based strengths and developmental areas. The Academy relies on a cadre of highly qualified academicians and researchers to develop the examination content.
The in-service examination is administered annually each spring. For more information, please contact your program director.
Studying for the Examination
The Academy provides multiple study resources. Recommended study materials include current literature, past in-service examinations and other documents listed below. The symbol indicates a member only resource.
- 2018 & 2017 In Service Exam questions and answers
- Study Resources
- AAP Position Papers
- Glossary of Periodontal Terms
- Periodontal Literature Reviews
- 2016 In-Service Exam’s Most Frequently Used References and Format for Drug References and Acronyms will be available February 9th
- Journal of Periodontology Annals of Periodontology (Vols. 4-8 Online) and Clinical Advances in Periodontics
- AAP Annual Meeting seminar recordings and videos: Free access through the generous grants from gold sponsor Philips Sonicare. Ask your program director for access.
For More Information