Periodontal Resident Recruitment Guidelines and Timeline
The Periodontal Resident Recruitment Guidelines are intended to streamline the recruitment process for both the program director and the applicant.
Program directors agreeing to the Periodontal Residency Recruitment Guidelines will verbally inform applicants of these rules and give a written copy of their signed Statement of Intent to each interviewing candidate.
Periodontal Resident Recruitment Timeline
Below is the Periodontal Resident Recruitment timeline for students beginning their periodontics residency program starting summer/fall, 2016:
Programs will invite students to a residency opening no earlier than:
Tuesday after Labor Day at 8:00 a.m. Central Time – Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
Programs will not require an applicant to give confirmation of acceptance before:
Wednesday after Labor Day at 12:00 p.m. Central Time – Wednesday, September 9, 2015.
The AAP Education Committee will handle all complaints based on the Procedures for Viloations to the AAP Recruitment Guidelines. Programs found in violation of the Periodontal Resident Recruitment Guidelines will be removed from the Periodontal Resident Recruitment Cooperative Institutions List.
Recruitment Guidelines Cooperative Institutions
Below are the names of institutions agreeing to work cooperatively with each other by signing the Statement of Intent and abiding to the Periodontal Resident Recruitment Timeline will be posted on the Periodontal Resident Recruitment Cooperative Institutions List after February, 2015.
- Baylor College of Dentistry
- Case Western Reserve University
- Georgia Regents University
- Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Louisiana State University
- Lutheran Medical Center
- Marquette University
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Nova Southeastern University
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
- SUNY at Buffalo
- Temple University
- University of Alabama
- University of California Los Angeles
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Colorado
- University of Connecticut
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of Florida
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry
- University of Manitoba
- University of Maryland
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri Kansas City
- University of Nebraska
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Rochester: Eastman Institute for Oral Health
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Washington
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Note: Several U.S. programs chose not to sign the Recruitment Guidelines agreement due to various reasons. The Recruitment Guidelines apply to U.S.-based, non-military programs.