FAQs for www.perio.org
Welcome to the new look, new features, and easier navigation on www.perio.org!
Here are our answers to some frequently asked questions. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any additional questions this FAQ page doesn't answer. Call us at (800) 282-GUMS (4867) or (312) 787-5518 or use our online contact form.
How do I log in to the new site?
- If you were previously able to log in to www.perio.org, use the same username and password for our new site.
- Can’t remember your login? Click the orange Member Login tab in the top right corner of any page on www.perio.org; then click a link below the login form to reset your username or password. You'll be asked to enter your email address; if it matches the address in your AAP record, we will email you a link that allows you to change your username or password to whatever is easiest for you to remember.
- If your current email address is not on record with the Academy or you have never set up a login account for our website, please contact the Academy at (312) 787-5518 or email@example.com. Our staff will update your email address and email you a login activation link. After you click the link to set your login credentials, you will be able to access password-protected areas of our new site.
www. perio.org Home Page – What’s New or Different?
- Increased focus on consumers
- Images which feature timely information on periodontal health and periodontics
- Ask a Periodontist – allows consumers to engage with the site one-on-one. Responses to questions are emailed to the asker and posted to the site. Committee members assist with drafting responses.
- Find a Periodontist – previously the Patient Referral Service. The online Periodontist Update Form allows you to control the information that displays on your profile page.
- Navigation Tabs at top intended to be more intuitive. Content is similar to what was previously featured on the site.
- About Us – provides information about the AAP, periodontal societies, AAP Foundation
- Member Resources – gives you access to resources created exclusively for members. This page is viewable by non-members, allowing them to preview what they are missing by NOT joining the AAP. However, linked member resources can be accessed only after logging in.
- Patient Resources – offers the same great information for consumers about periodontal health, disease, treatment, and the benefits of seeing a periodontists
- Careers & Education – describes resources for anyone interested in periodontal postdoctoral education, including predoc dental students, periodontal postdoctoral faculty, and periodontists teaching in predoctoral programs
- Meetings – promotes information on AAP meetings and conferences, and provides member access to the CE library as well as the link for logging CE credits
- Publications – access to AAP clinical and scientific papers, the member magazine Periospectives, Journal of Periodontology, and Clinical Advances in Periodontics.
Tips & Tricks
- Use the Members tab to access members-only services and features:
- A lot of members-only content has been moved to the AAP Connect libraries, including summaries of Board actions, previous In-Service Exams, patient education resources, reproducible patient pages, and other practice management resources.