2020 Straumann Annual Meeting Scholarship
The Annual Meeting serves as the AAP’s premier live-learning event and provides the opportunity for attendees to network with fellow periodontal specialists and attend world-class educational sessions. In 2020, the AAP, through the generous support of Straumann, will award 19 scholarships to new U.S. and Canadian periodontists who have graduated within the last two years to attend the Annual Meeting.
Award: Each scholarship includes $500 and admission to the Student and New Periodontist session on Sunday, Nov. 1, an interactive and exciting session exclusive to Student members and new periodontists. In addition, all recipients will be mentioned in the fourth quarter issue of Periospectives.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited U.S. or Canadian periodontal residency program in 2018 or 2019 and have maintained continuous membership in the AAP since graduation.
- Applicants must submit a completed application, abbreviated CV (no more than three pages), and a letter of recommendation from a former program director or mentor.
- Funding is limited. All decisions regarding an applicant’s approval or denial are made at the discretion of the Task Force on New Periodontists and are considered final.
- Scholarship applications are due by May 8, 2020.
- Scholarships must be used for the 2020 Annual Meeting and may not be deferred to a different year.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Demonstrate how attending the Annual Meeting will enhance his/her professional career as a periodontist
- Decribe which sessions/topics will be of interest to you as a periodontist new to practice
- Provide any current involvement in periodontal activities (or plans for future involvement)
- Agree to be featured in Periospectives, or other AAP news including social media, detailing his/her experience as a scholarship recipient.
Submit your application online by May 8, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be determined by the AAP’s Task Force on New Periodontists. Recipients will be notified by letter in mid-June. Please contact Ashley Barnstable, membership coordinator, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AAP thanks Straumann for its continued sponsorship.