2016 Innovations in Periodontics Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline
All abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site by
About Innovations in Periodontics
There will be four Innovations in Periodontics sessions at the Annual Meeting. These sessions will consist of four speakers addressing innovations and advances in clinical periodontics, basic sciences or related subjects. Each speaker will give a 15-minute presentation, followed by a 5-minute question-and-answer period.
One of the four time slots will be team-based in nature, with teams presenting a case and then describing the treatment and rationale for therapy. Teams are limited to two speakers—a periodontist and restorative dentist or orthodontist—and are to select their respective presentations from the areas of implants, interdisciplinary therapy or periodontal plastic/oral reconstructive surgery. These presentations will run for 25 minutes, accompanied by a 5-minute question-and-answer period. Teams will need to submit one of the following cases:
- Periodontal-restorative dentate aesthetic;
- Complex periodontal-restorative aesthetic implant;
- Complex periodontal-orthodontic demonstrating PAOO or orthodontic site development for implants; or
- Correct aesthetic implant complication with interdisciplinary therapy
NOTE: This is NOT a call for the Research Forum Poster Session. Abstracts for the Research Forum may be submitted during the first quarter of 2016. Instructions regarding abstract submission will be posted in the Academy’s website at that time.
Annual Meeting Registration Required
Innovations in Periodontics presenters do not receive complimentary meeting registration from the Academy. Speakers will be charged the appropriate registration fee.
Abstract Submission Procedure
- Abstracts will be subjected to a blind review and scoring by members of the Continuing Education Oversight Committee (CEOC).
- Presenters will be informed of the committee’s decision in Spring 2016.
- Presenters can submit as many abstracts as they would like. However, no one can present more than once.
The online abstract submission site will ask for the following information about your presentation:
- The title, which should be 10 words or fewer, and not include brand names or acronyms.
- Why this presentation is innovative.
- How your presentation impacts practicing periodontists.
- The topic(s) it covers:
- Imaging and Emerging Technologies
- *Interdisciplinary Therapy (ortho, endo, restorative)
- *Periodontal Plastic/Oral Reconstructive Surgery
- Periodontal-Systemic Relationships
- Practice Development and Management
- Regeneration/Tissue Engineering
- Treatment of Inflammatory Periodontal Diseases
*Team-based presentations are limited to these tracks.
Submissions are text-only; do not include:
- Illustrations, photos, tables, charts or columns
- Product brand names
- Names of manufacturers
Contact the Academy's Meetings and Continuing Education department at email@example.com.