INNOVATIONS IN PERIODONTICS ABSTRACTS
The Continuing Education Oversight Committee (CEOC) is soliciting presentations addressing advances in clinical periodontics, basic science, or related subjects for the Innovations in Periodontics program for the 103rd AAP Annual Meeting Sept. 9-12, 2017, in Boston, Mass. Three sessions will consist of four 15-minute individual presentations, and a fourth team-based session will include three 25-minute presentations. A five-minute question-and-answer period will follow each presentation.
Interested parties should submit abstracts and cases for consideration by 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 16, 2016, via the Abstract Manager website.
Innovations in Periodontics presenters do not receive complimentary meeting registration from the Academy. Speakers will be charged the appropriate registration fee.
Submissions are text-only. Do not include:
- Illustrations, photos, tables, charts or columns
- Product brand names
- Names of manufacturers
Individual Abstract Submission
- Abstracts will be subjected to a blind review and scoring by members of the CEOC.
- Presenters will be informed of the committee’s decision in spring 2017.
- Presenters can submit as many abstracts as they would like. However, no one can present more than once.
Submissions should include the following information about your presentation:
- The title, which should be 10 words or fewer, and not include brand names or acronyms
- Why this presentation is innovative
- How your presentation impacts practicing periodontists
- The topic it covers:
- Imaging and emerging technologies
- Interdisciplinary therapy (ortho, endo, restorative)
- Periodontal plastic/oral reconstructive surgery
- Periodontal-systemic relationships
- Practice development and management
- Regeneration/tissue engineering
- Treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases
Team-Based Abstract Submission
The team-based session will consist of three or four teams presenting a case and then describing the treatment and rationale for therapy. Teams are limited to two speakers—-a periodontist and a restorative dentist or orthodontist—and must select their respective presentations from the areas of implants, interdisciplinary therapy, or periodontal plastic/oral reconstructive surgery.
Teams will need to submit one of the following cases:
- Periodontal-restorative dentate aesthetic
- Complex periodontal-restorative aesthetic implant
- Complex periodontal-orthodontic demonstrating PAOO or orthodontic site development for implants
- Correct aesthetic implant complication with interdisciplinary therapy
Contact the Academy's Continuing Education department at email@example.com.
NOTE: This is NOT a call for the Research Forum Poster Session and Competition. Abstracts for the Research Forum will be accepted during the first quarter of 2017.