Job Description for AAP Secretary/Treasurer
Within the limits of the Constitution and Bylaws and policy, the Secretary/Treasurer has the responsibility and authority to:
- Serve as Secretary/Treasurer of the General Assembly.
- Report annually on the activities of the office to the General Assembly and the Board of Trustees.
- Assure that all official minutes and reports of proceedings are prepared; all Academy records are kept; and that a list of members is maintained by district.
- Safeguard the Academy’s assets by being appraised of the current financial status and maintaining an investment program with the assistance of competent professional advisors.
- Maintain custody of all monies, securities, and other financial assets which are held, invested, or disbursed as directed by the Board of Trustees.
- Review the Policy Manual annually to ensure that obsolete policies are revised or rescinded and that newly adopted policies and their corresponding procedures are included.
- Serve as Chair of the Finance Committee.
- Serve as a member of the ADA Liaison Committee.
- Represent the Academy at meetings with dental and dental specialty organizations.
- Report to the Board of Trustees and General Assembly on the proposed budget.
- Represent the AAP at the ADA Washington Leadership Conference.