Nobel Biocare Student Member Annual Meeting Scholarship
2017 Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting serves as the AAP’s premier live-learning event and provides the opportunity for attendees to network with fellow periodontal specialists and attend world-class educational sessions.
Through the generous support of Nobel Biocare, the American Academy of Periodontology will award 10 scholarships to U.S. and Canadian members currently enrolled in a periodontal residency program.
Each scholarship includes $500 to be used towards Annual Meeting expenses. In addition, scholarship winners will be recognized during the Student Extravaganza, and in the December issue of Periospectives.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. or Canadian periodontal residency program.
- Applicants must submit a completed application online, and provide an abbreviated CV (no more than three pages) and a letter of recommendation from a program director.
- Scholarships must be used for the 2017 Annual Meeting and may not be deferred to a different year.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Demonstrate how attending the Annual Meeting will enhance his/her professional career.
- Describe which Annual Meeting topics are of interest.
- Provide any current involvement in periodontal activities (or plans for future involvement).
- Agree to be featured in Periospectives, or other AAP communications, detailing his/her experience as a scholarship recipient.
A large number of scholarship applications are anticipated this year. Applicants should think outside the box in their application responses! Originality and creativity will be considered.
Applications must be submitted by June 16, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the AAP’s New Periodontist Subcommittee with notifications being sent July 12, 2017.
Please contact Meghan Farrell, Manager, Membership Strategy and Engagement, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AAP thanks Nobel Biocare for providing this unique opportunity by sponsoring this year’s scholarships.
*Funding is limited. All decisions regarding an applicant’s approval or denial are made at the discretion of the New Periodontist Subcommittee and are considered final.