This program gives predoctoral dental students who have an interest in periodontics online access to all AAP member-only content, including the Journal of Periodontology and a multitude of research and practice info.
Eligibility for DSIG Participation
Predoctoral students enrolled in an accredited U.S. or Canadian dental school may complete and submit the application below to join the AAP’s Dental Student Interest Group (DSIG) and get access to extensive resources on the specialty of periodontics if the following requirements are met:
- Current membership in the American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
- Submission of a complete and accurate DSIG online application
- Payment of first year’s DSIG fee ($61) via credit card with application
If you have completed periodontal training and you are enrolling in another specialty training program or a DDS/DMD program you do not qualify for DSIG however you may qualify for student membership. Please review the student membership section of our website for full details.
Benefits of DSIG Participation
- Reduced registration fee for the Annual Meeting
- Online access to full-text articles in three AAP publications
- Accehttps://www.perio.org/meetingsss to the members-only section of the AAP website with full access to free study club presentations, practice marketing resources, and much more.
- Monthly AAP e-newsletter
- This Week in Perio emailed news briefs
- Online access to the Academy’s Membership Directory
DSIG Related Links
- Clinical and Scientific Papers on the etiology, pathogenesis or treatment of periodontal diseases and the practice of periodontics
- AAP Meetings and Continuing Education enabling participants to acquire new skills and techniques, updates on current scientific research, and insight into the future of the profession